Well we made it one week home...HOORAY!!! And boy oh boy, what a difference one week(and actually sleeping through the night)makes!!!! I am proud to say I woke up this morning at 7am..followed by Sophie..followed by Charlie(and we all slept from 8ish the night before)and I was on my own b/c J had to go into work...BUT..I managed to play, get breakfast for the three of us...get dressed(and even had time for makeup..LOL)and get S dressed and C dressed for soccer..packed diaper bag..drinks for all and loaded us in the van and off to soccer practice by 8:45am...I DID IT!!!! I was proud of myself if I must say..LOL!
So anyway..this week had been(and the two wks in China)some of the hardest,most overwhelming, exciting, exhausting, happiest, most frustrating, exhilarating, tiring, but BLESSED 3+weeks in all my 34 years...but we did it, we got through it and now, today, one week past it all, I can say I truly see the Lord's reward in our precious Sophie Su Ruth...she is the most remarkable baby...so happy and sweet and has changed all our lives for the better!
And speaking of little Ms Sophie Su..she has had a lot of FIRSTS this week:
First trip to McDonalds...and loved the fries I might add!
First taste of baby fruits and veggies..so far she favors sweet potatoes and peas, just like Charlie did!
First walk around the block in her stroller!
First time sleeping through the night(w/us anyway)
First bike ride on the back of mommies bike up to the school park!
First cup of juice
First hair cut
First trip to the mall(but we all know it won't be her last w/me as her mama!)
So there it is...we are good, really really good!
Again, thanks to all of you in our lives, you all mean everything to us..and all the dinners that have been brought all week so far have been AWESOME!!!!! Thankyou, thankyou all!!
Love Amy
2 comments:
Thanks for putting the photos up! Love them! (including the ones of me & sophie which i saved to my pictures) can't wait to see ya again! That block party was ok and still wnt on, (IN SOMEONES GARAGE!)
whoo hoo for sleeping through the night! claire actually is starting to do the same. hooray for sleep. and isn't it a good feeling to be able to get the brood together and go??? :)
Post a Comment