Monday, July 20, 2009

OMG it's official..we leave in 9 days!!!!!!

Great news! Today we received your Consulate appointment confirmation!


Your group’s Consulate appointment is confirmed for 8/12/2009.

Based on this Consulate appointment date, CCAI requires that you arrive in HONG KONG on, or before, 7/31/2009.

CCAI will provide an airport pick-up for anyone arriving on 7/31, your group’s arrival date. (CCAI will be arranging a 1-day Hong Kong tour on 8/1).

Your group will fly to Nanchang on Sunday, August 2nd. CCAI will arrange the group’s in-China flights and hotels - details will follow in your Final Travel Packet.


Your group will take the oath on the afternoon of 8/13/2009.

Wow...It's official...we were granted our consulate appt and we leave next Wendesday!!! I've never felt "butterflies" in my stomach as I do right now!!!!
Sophie Su we're coming to get you!!!!

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Hallelujah!!!!!

BTW. How will you be blogging from China? Have you heard that we can't access our blogger from China?

2dumplings4me said...

Hello Rogers family. I'm following your journey from Delaine Spruill's site. My youngest daughter is from Jiangxi and your post about heat rash encouraged me to post. When we got Kate she was covered in a heat rash. It slowly got better in China but was ready to pop up at a moment's notice. I use a pink powder, I got from Walmart, Snake gall powder! Yikes, it smelled mediciney but worked.It looked like baby powder. At home the rash got worse and worse and after a few trips to the pediatric dermotalogist, I figured out she was allergic to All Free Clear. Put her on Dreft and she's a new girl.Just wanted to give you a heads up. Best of luck with your trip. You'll love Jiangxi and you'll have a great experience with James as your guide. God Bless your little one until she's in your arms!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! How exciting!

As far as blogging from China, you can email the info and pictures to a friend in the US and they can post it for you when you give them the user name and password. I did it for a friend who was in China. It's very easy.