Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Lights at the Zoo 2008







Once again we braved the cold and walked around the zoo in a winter wonderland lit up in every color imaginable while sipping hot cocoa!!
The weather wasn't too bad actually, and most importantly it was dry and not very windy! Our dear friends, John Kim Ashley and Austin came for a visit this weekend and got to go with us so it was great fun!
We also had breakfast with Jesus on Saturday morning at our church and listened once again to the true story of Christmas and why this is such a season to celebrate.
Jeff and I are trying hard to instill in Charlie why Christmas is so very special and important so that the focus is not entirely on "Santa".
This year we've started a new Christian tradition with an Advent Wreath that I made with the help of the flower lady at Micheals craft store! Each Sunday night of December we light a candle and read a the bible vs that goes along with it leading up to Christmas morning.
Charlie also heard of another great idea to bake Jesus a Christmas birthday cake! We may start this tradition as well!
Okay, now onto little Miss Sophie...I can't remember if I already posted this or not, but it's official that the Chinese Gov't has matched families through Feb 23 2006! I really can't believe there are only two weeks and 6 days in between where they are today and our log in date!
In some ways I can't believe our life has been on hold so to speak(as far as building our family)for almost 3 years...but at the same exact time, it has gone so very fast! And I am so grateful for where we are now, where the Lord has led us and that he gave us strength to hang in here and follow our adoption dream. Looking back I can't believe we considered adoption when Charlie was only 2 years old and we thought we'd only wait 6 to 8 months and that I actually considered taking a newly 3 year old to China(what was I thinking-lol, but thank God I did)!! And now it's so amazing to see where Charlie's come into who he is as a five year old and I'm really excited that he will be able to endure this trip to China so much better than he would have at 3 years old, and that he'll actually remember it to one day tell to his baby sister himself!
More Christmas posts to come!
And Sophie, I can't believe I can finally say knowing 100% for sure, you WILL be here with us next Christmas!!!
Love mommy xoxo

No comments: