On Monday I got to go to school with Charlie for a special Mother's Day celebration and then Charlie and I headed to Barnes and Noble to hang out, have a treat and drink, and then browse all the wonderful books! This is something he and I used to do weekly before he started preschool, so it was fun to revisit the tradition since he got out of school early! I so cherish these days of just Charlie and me, and it reminds me that I have so much to look forward to in doing it all over again with Sophie!
So Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there, ESPECIALLY, the waiting ones. I know this Mother's Day was probably really hard since this adoption wait has been insane, but for all of you(esp. my sweet friend Georgette), DO NOT think for one moment you are not a mom already...after enduring this wait for a child you've yet to see, hoping, praying, having faith in and loving this baby to be...you could NOT be more of a mommy already!
And to my sweet Sophia, I have faith you will be with me for Mother's Day next year..I know you will and it will be one of the best celebrations of my life to celebrate being yours and Charlie's mommy, I love you so much!!! -Mommy xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment