Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sweet Mattie Gail!



After being home 7 months now, I finally got over to my dear friend Tressa's to see her baby girl, Mattie! If you remember, we met Mattie for the first time back at our halloween party in October and she had only been home from China for a few weeks! Tressa and I became good friends about a year and a half ago and met while waiting to adopt our daughters from China. Tressa and her husband were logged into the Chinese Gov. in Novemeber of 2005 so that's why they already have little Mattie girl! Sophie- I have a feeling you and Mattie will be good buddies one day soon!
I had so much fun visiting with Tressa and Mattie! Tressa is doing such an amazing job with her, she is a ray of sunshine, I couldn't stop smiling at her and couldnt help leaving there that day filled with such hope and excitement that it is going to be our turn soon! Our turn to bring home our own ray of sunshine, our Sweet Sophie Ruth!
I dreamt of you, Sophie, for the first time in a very long time, it was so real, you were about 2 to 3 months old and I was staring at a picture of you, it was sent to me from China somehow and I remember just staring so intently at you....I can still see it in my minds eye.......it seemed so real.
Oh Sophie, I can hardly wait for you and that moment I stare at your picture for the first time in real life...it's only a matter of months now, not years......only months away!
Love Mommy

No comments: