Saturday, January 22, 2011

Our Pinewood Derby Champ!



















Second Place!!!! Hooray to our Charlie boy! His very first Pinewood derby car race with the Boy Scouts and he(and daddy)came in 2nd place!

Charlie showed interest in joining Boy Scouts, or rather, it's called CubScouts, last month, so we thought sure why not, we'll go to a meeting and try it out, and boy was I overwhelmed..lol(in a good way of course)...I had noooooo idea how big or awesome this organization was....it was seriously, overwhelming...and of course, for his very first meeting, he had to have me and his lil sister, who was completely bored out of her mind, at this den meeting....(Poor Jeff was stuck at home finishing the grout on our newly ceramic bathroom floors~ yet another house project that we think is going to be so quick and easy and it's NOT...at least not quick..lol)So...that left me, clueless mom of a new cubscout taking this den meeting in....

Meanwhile, Sophia was behind me in this new church classroom we were meeting in, drawing all over the white wall with a red dry erase marker....yes, proud moment for me...and as I turn around to discover her impressive red circles on the walls and see now why she was so quiet... I gasp at her newly found love for dry erase markers....and come face to face with a few other den mom's who quietly glare at me....I guess they are those perfect mom's with perfect toddlers who never exhibit a calling for drawing art on walls...lol:)
So, anywho....C left that meeing all smiles and glowin...and very proud to have just joined Den 1, Pack 466 of the Cubscouts...and his biggest smile was b/c they announced he had just joined in time for the annual Pinewood Derby races....and let me tell you, this boy came out of me obsessed with cars and races..lol...so I knew this would be right up his, and Jeff's ally!!!!
So he and Jeff only had 2wks to go buy, design, carve, decorate and name his race car...which ended up being; The Indy Speedster! The 2nd place winner over many, he was one proud boy with one proud daddy, and a mommy, sister and grandy too!
Our Charlie boy is growing up way too fast...when he put his cubscout uniform on, it was all I could do to not cry....my little baby boy, these last few months of age 7 have really started to change him and "grow him up"....I see such a difference in him lately, so independant and smart, funny and grown up...proud and responsible...it's almost as if I am getting a small glimpse of who he will one day be...but Lord, PLEASE, PLEASE, let that one day come a little slower...K?!

1 comment:

Daisygirl27 said...

Yay!!! Congrats Jeff and Charlie :) It's so awesome that you came in second place :)