PICTURES FROM OUR SUMMER 2009 CHINA TRIP!
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
How did I ever get so lucky with him?
Tis the season to count our blessings...and our Charlie boy is sure at the top of our list....
He is such an amazing little guy, I often find myself in awe of him and who he is becoming...
The other week, he left this letter, sealed shut in an envelope on the kitchen counter and asked me to mail it to Santa for him....I agreed..and when he went off to bed, opened it up, eager to see what more he was asking for...
And this above is what I found...
I literally was moved to tears as I stood in my kitchen reading this sweet, heartfelt letter to Santa, from my very own 7 yr old son...
This letter was so endearing, so moving, and so clear that he is growing up fast and truly, truly, "getting it"...
Getting that this season is not a/b getting and endless list's of wants...
But as he stated.." thankyou for giving toys to everyone in the whole wide world b/c the meaning of Christmas is giving, and Jesus's birthday"
He also tells Santa that, "you are the bestest person in the world b/c you give to everyone in the whole wide world"
He went on to say that Santa didn't need to bring him anymore than one or two things off his list b/c he has tons of toys already and he didnt need anymore!
He signed his letter, "senserlie"(sincerely) C.R!
I often fret a/b my role as a mommy and what I do and say each day to my kids and if it's wrong or right, or "Christian-like" enough and I worry a/b raising them to be the best I can...and in that small moment in my kitchen, I felt overwhelmed and grateful and almost undeserving of such an amazing little boy...I know our Lord has way more to do with how he's turning out thus far than I..but I will take a tiny bit of credit for some of him ;) And always be in awe of what I did to deserve him xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment