Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Charlie Boy!







This blog was originated to keep family and friends up to date on our journey to get our Sophie girl, and then of course for everyone to follow us over to Ch*na for the amazing "birth" of her into our family..and now..as much as I go back and forth on shutting it down, I'll keep updating until I feel bored w/it...but anyway, having said all that, Sophie Su is our angel here on earth,and I love to update you on her week to week and all, BUT..I never want to diminish the fact that our Charlie boy is such a slice of heaven to us too, and brag on him a bit!

One thing I think he has handled so well, is all the constant attention Soph generates anywhere we go....you name it...the bank, the grocery, the gas station..people flock to her and ooohh and ahhh over her, while Charlie stands in the background, most of the time ignored by passer bys that comment on how adorable Sophie is....and honestly, as much as I thought it would bother him, so far, he has only made one comment a/b it....he has handled her transitioning into his life and our family way better than I ever could have imagined! Seeing the two of them together, and how sweet he is to his baby sister makes me tear up at least once a week or so :) (not saying she doesnt drive him nutty from time to time..lol) But it's really been amazing to watch their relationship as sister and brother develop!
I don't know what I ever did to deserve my Charlie boy....he is amazing and makes me prouder than I have ever been of anything in my life!

At 7 yrs old, he's all a/b....anything most boys are....go carts, fast cars..video games..baseball...bike racing...baseball card collecting...bakugan thingings..vbs lover...frog catcher....artist....I could go on and on....

Charlie..one day you will read this...probably in lieu of your homemade scrapbooks b/c I am so darn behind on them..but I want you to know as much as we love your sister just as much as you, you are never in her shadows! You are mommies sunshine through and through and I love you!!!!! You rock!

No comments: