
This is from a few wks back, but I did the Race for the Cure here with my dear friend Jen, in dedication to her wonderful mom, Susan.
Susan lost the battle to cancer just a couple short yrs back...she actually passed away only 3 weeks after my grandma Ruth passed away in January 2008.
Her mom was very young,only in her 50's, and a beautiful, fun loving, sweet woman, and awesome gramma to Jen's children. She teased me shortly before she died that she approved of the name "Sophia" for our baby to be, but didnt like "sophie" b/c it reminded her of a sofa!LOL! I think that's why her and I got along so well, she was a lot like me in that she'd tell ya exactly what she thought!!!
Watching her fight so hard and then watching the Lord chose to take her, was one of the hardest, scariest, most profound things I've ever witnessed along side my friend Jen.
Jen, if you are reading this, not a day goes by that I do not pray for you and your dad and brother. You are such an amazing, strong, beautiful, wonderful daughter, mother, wife, and friend. I love ya to death and am always here for you and your family! xoxoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment