Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We want our sweet baby girl home NOW!!!



Today I sit here full of so much love for you my sweet baby girl.

Waiting for you has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. You are 7 months old right now, but to me that is just 7 months too long w/o us, your forever family.

I have an ache in my heart that is always there, it's constant, and I know it won't go away until the day they place you in my arms.

We received your shot records and a formal developmental report this week filled w/tidbits of info on you!

Here are a few things it read:
.."she can stand upright w/support under her arms"
.."when pulling her wrists lightly, she can sit up"
.."She can bounce on an adults legs while being supported under her arms"
.."she can sit steadily when leaning against the wall or w/her back supported"
.."she often giggles loudly" (oh how I love this one!)
.."her baby sounds consist of "yiyiyaya"
.."she knows her name and responds to Su or SuSu"
.."she enjoys bathtime and giggles throughout bathtime" (again, love this one)
.."she wants to be held often"(Oh I'll never put her down!)
.."..is very energetic..fairly open..and lively personality"(apple doesnt fall far..LOL!!!!)

Reading this report, with many more bits of info inside it, is bittersweet for me. It fills my heart w/such joy that it clearly sounds like someone kind and loving is taking care of her, and knows who she is thus far. There are other things in this report that indicate to us that she may very likely be in a home/foster home environment(which had been our prayer all along).
But as I said, bittersweet...I am filled w/an urgency to go get her NOW..especially when I read a/b "her"..I want to replace the words "she" and "her" with "Sophia", our daugther..not just another baby being reported on.

We are still dealing with the last couple wks of this wait, but at least the wait no longer feels endless as it did for so many years. Only a couple wks left. We are praying to hear a/b our travel approval this week, and should be getting updated pic's of her, so if you could say a prayer along with us that would be great!
Other than that..we are ready!
-suitcase packed, minus personal items...check!
-visa's issued and returned..check!
-$ ready..check!
-papers to travel in order..check!
-One very ready family ready to hold, snuggle, kiss, hug, love and care for one sweet baby Sophie forever...CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love you our Sophia Su Ruth, to the moon and the stars and the sun and back and back and back!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

You might be surprised to find she really cannot do the things they tell you....enjoy seeing those firsts!!!