OK..so since this last week has been such a whirlwind..I have not had time to post another AMAZING happening last Monday when we got our Sophie's referral...
Some may know the story of me and Georgette...but here's a recap...
Back two years ago.one day I was sitting at my computer surfing the web of all the chinese adoption websites and blogs..dreaming of our Sophie girl..and I had something come over me(clearly now the Lord) to go to an old yahoo group I had joined the year before(but had long forgotten a/b)and send out a random post just asking if anyone else "out there" had the same log in date to Chi*a as us.... I normally do not do stuff like this..and still do not..but sure enough within a day..this girl...(or "lady" I should say..LOL)responded to my post and said YES..she too sent her paper work that same day in March of 2006....she and her husband lived in Nashville, TN and "one day" we chatted we'd probably meet when flying off to get our baby girls...
Well...who knew then that "one day" would literally be in a few weeks of this first email...
Two wks later from the day I "met" her online she writes me to tell me that her husband's being transferred to none other than where we live right now!!! OMG...what a small world I thought..here is someone I will one day go to chi*a w/and now she is moving here to my hometown....
But it gets better...
So the past two yrs since her and her husband have been here she and I have been able to be such a support system to one another...we've vented a/b this whole process on a daily basis..gone out to movie and dinner nt's w/the girls to get our minds on other things during the wait...shopped for our girls more than we should've...and then...and always dreamed our girls would somehow be together in Chi*a..(but knew that may not be an option, and prepared ourselves that that very well may not happen..it all depended on where our girls were born)so we knew we may not travel together b/c our girls could very likely be in diff.orphanages....
And that brings us to last Monday... that magical day last Monday..our refferal day..and Guess what?
OUR BABY GIRLS ARE TOGETHER!!!!
Right now..always have been since November 2008 when they both were born and dropped off at the SAME exact orphanage(what are the odds of this?? again...only God!)
And now we will be traveling together the entire trip and our girls will have been together from day one..and can come home here and grow up together from here on out and only live 10min's apart!
And all because I posted a question on a yahoo group two years ago!!!
OK..that's my recap...a "short" version for me!
So that's them up above out on referral night celebrating w/us at a local chinese restaurant!
OH..and Sophie's little BFF is..Jaden Elise!!! She was born only two wks before Sophie! I just can't wait to meet her!
4 comments:
Amy,
What a beautiful story!!
(And guess what - same thing happened to us. Only for our first girls. Never met this person before until we met at court before our first LID, in March
2004. We fell instantly in like at first sight, discovered she loves the Lord too (wow) and our girls were best friends at the same place and still are today. We are all returning for our DD#2's together. God is amazing!)
:)
The story still gives me chills! I still can't believe that Jaden and Sophia are together! We will have such an amazing story to tell them both!!!
Georgette
WOW Amy! Another RED Thread for you! I hope one day we can all meet wit our girls!
Hugs, Jill
(BTW, the Lord blessed us with another daughter this week......we are still in shock!)
Beautiful story Amy!
We were also involved in a Yahoo group and our group has been exceptionally supportive (of course, this was before blogs became so popular) and many of us still keep in touch after almost 5 years.
We traveled with 2 other families. All of us live in S. Cal and one family lives just a couple of miles from us and we are all getting together next weekend for our semi-annual visit. We get together twice a year so the girls can be together again and we can visit.
Enjoy the time in China. It is an experience that your two families will always share and it will bond you together like nothing else. The creation of families is amazing and sharing that experience with a family that is so close in friendship makes it that much sweeter.
Post a Comment