Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh Swine Flu PLEASE go away.....

I feel like I'm in a bad dream....one I desperately want to wake out of....

How can it be that we were RIGHT there...so close..NEXT to be matched....
And then, as life would have it, the Swine Flu is introduced...and has now thrown China into a hysterical panic...one in which they are manhunting down anyone that has had flu symptoms and quarantining them until it's gone.....one that the gov't is not even letting parents in or out of schools to pick up their children....one that is taking temp's of every human on that land and having it reported to their gov't....one that is denying visa's to travel to most places in China.

So as you can conclude...we probably wont be going to get Sophie anytime soon(or as soon as we had thought)....not even a match.....Is it possible to get through this...of course it is...are we giving up...of course we are NOT...but does it suck and make my heart ache daily and my stomach a ball of nerves....YES..a thousand times YES.

Someone said to me on Monday.."I don't know how you can go through this and wait anymore..if I were you I would have pulled out of the adoption program long ago"
Is this someone a good friend, NO.....but still.....it just goes to show they have no clue how we feel a/b Sophie, and it made me so mad.

Sophie may not be "real" to any of you..but she is to us. We feel God planted her soul into our hearts 3+yrs ago and since then she has been growing....growing into a love like the love we have for our first....it's no different....

I said nothing to this person..just shrugged...but what I wanted to say..what I should have said was this...

Imagine carrying a child..being pregnant....(maybe as long as an elephant-LOL)and then that child has to be taken out of you for whatever reason...and taken away for awhile...you can't hold this child..you can't see this child..you cant smell this child....but you are told all you have to do is wait...how long you say? No one knows for sure...but if you wait, you will get to her....

And I should have said to this person, "would you wait" -OF course you would wait..it's your child...your baby...the baby the Lord made just for you....
And that's what Sophie Ruth is to us..our child....our child the Lord made just for us....and we will wait...through my tears and aching stomach I will wait and be strong and keep my faith......
Sophia Ruth I will NEVER give up on you....Love mommy xoxoxo

7 comments:

Wanda said...

Psst......they don't "get" it. Fortunately, many of us do.

Of course you would wait forever. YOU are her Sophie Ruth's Mother!

Hugs,
Wanda

cmd said...

Oh Amy, I am sorry someone said that to you...especially with all the other feelings you have rolling around in you right now. You guys and Sophie are in our prayers.

ahalpin1 said...

sorry to hear that someone is being so insensitive! We will keep you and Sophie in our thoughts and look forward to seeing her sweet face soon!
lots of love,
Amanda and the gang

Anna G. said...

You are in my heart and prayers! This to will pass! Love to you, Jeff and Charlie.

Melissa, Bill, Lily and Andrew said...

I'm sorry someone said that to you. Obviously, they have never adopted. There's no way you can go through the paperchase, wait and all the other hoopla if you aren't focused on your child. It's the only way to stay motivated through it all. Our hearts and thoughts are with you all including Miss Sophie. Major hugs.

Debbie said...

just thinking of your breaking heart today ... i am so sorry! i know how terribly hard the wait is. it is worth every single second of waiting & every bit of pain. your precious, perfect sophie is coming at the exact right time ... even if it does not at all feel like that right now. believe me, i know & i am not making light at all of your terrible disappointment & pain. our wait for lily just about put me past the point of no return many months during our wait. she is here now digging through the bags we dragged home from the hospital last night with hannah. it really does happen even if most days it feels like you'll have to wait until you are 65 to see her face!!!!

love & prayers from california --

debbie eriksen

Anonymous said...

As I sit her at 1:00AM I cannot recal the scripture number but it
goes like this
Rogers Family
"When God is for you who can be against you"

Sharon
Scrapbooking Buddy