Thursday, January 22, 2009

My First Baby 3 Years ago today....




I'm sitting here tonight realizing how great our lives are about to be changed...we are only a month or two away from adding to our family FINALLY after 3 years...
And these precious pic's are from exactly 3 years ago today....January 22 of 2006...we were in the midst of getting all our papers ready for our baby girl, and now tonight looking back then, do I see my first baby..my baby boy Charlie! I can't believe how little he looks here...it's so bittersweet looking back at these last 3 years b/c in so many ways I wanted them to rush by to get to Sophie...but they in reality felt like they crawled by during them...and for that I am forever grateful..Grateful for many different reasons, but mostly...
Grateful that I had these years with my first baby...and grateful I now feel so ready and prepared to do it all over again...and my first baby, in these three years, has become such a wonderful big boy who is about to be 6!
Sophie Ruth you are one lucky little girl b/c you are going to have the worlds best big brother.
It amazes me how much he understands now, and has understood even 3 years ago, about you Sophie, and how and why we want you to be part of us...I just laid him down to sleep a couple hours ago and he said again the prayer he prays every night for you..
"Dear God, please let Sophie's nannies take good care of her and let her have sweet dreams or no dreams so she is not scared..Amen"
We love you so much already...you are ours, you've always been part of this plan for us!
Love Mommy xoxo

No comments: