Sunday, July 13, 2008

Poem for Sophie -by her mommy, Amy!

When the warm breeze blows we'll see your precious face

When the sun shines bright we'll see your precious face

Thru God's Grace and our neverending faith we'll soon see your precious face... -Amy

Dear Sophie Ruth, I was looking back through a journal I've been writing to you in for the past two years, and this past February I had written this poem to you. As I read it, I realize that 6 months ago I was hoping we'd be coming to get you in this summer or fall, hence the "warm breezes and sun shining", and now I sit here in July and we are not that much closer to you....
SO...the sun and warm breezes may not be here on earth when we come get you this winter, but they WILL be in mommy, daddy's and Charlie's(poppie, grandy and gramma Jean's too) hearts for sure that moment they place you in our arms!
Sophia Ruth- not a day has gone by since March 15 2006 that you have not been heavy on my mind and in my heart. Before you were even conceived I've dreamed of you and prayed for you my daughter to be. This wait has been the longest, hardest trial I've ever endured in my life, BUT I KNOW our Lord has a plan, and ultimately, through all of this, I know 100% YOU will be our REWARD at the end of all this, and for that soul reason alone dear Sophie, this has been worth every minute, every tear dropped, every sigh of frustration, ALL OF IT, and I would do it all over again!!!! We are so lucky that the Lord chose us to endure this journey to you, and I thank him every day!
The Chinese Gov has matched families with babies right up to February of 2006....at the end of this month they should be a few days into February...we ARE getting closer...it' s only a matter of a few months now!
Love, Mommy xoxo

No comments: