Thursday, September 27, 2007

Poem for Sophie written by Amy Rogers

Butterflies and apple trees for my Sophie Ruth to be!

As I look out the window, above piled up dishes
I stare at your tree with so many wishes

Your butterfly comes through our yard each day,
I know it's a sign and a time I pray

I pray that you're warm, snuggled up with care
I pray that you're looked after, and that someone is always there

I pray God's Angels are whispering in your ear,
that Mommy, Daddy and Charlie all long for you here

I pray that this spring, when your apple tree blossoms,
when the pink flowers appear
and your butterfly is near

That you Sophie Ruth know we're on our way,
that we've waited so long and each day we pray

We've prayed for you, and loved you this whole time through

And God has whispered You are for us
And we are for you!


Charlie, Jeff and I have really been feeling Sophie so strong on our minds the last month, so I felt led to write to our sweet girl and this is the poem I came up with from my heart!
I love you so much already Sophie Ruth Rogers, words can't express how much we hold you dear and want you here!!!!!!!!
Love, Mommy

No comments: